Experience the natural treasures of Southwestern Montana from deluxe homestead accommodations. You are sure to love the rustic, yet elegant feeling of the J Bar L Montana vacation rental homes. Each building spanned nearly a century or more before complete restoration focused on quality and authenticity. Sitting on the porch watching the sun come up over the mountains, soaking in another idyllically clear and crisp morning, you will fully appreciate why the early homesteaders chose this, of all places, to begin their new lives.
Here you can awaken, or reawaken, your senses to sounds, tastes, sights and feelings inspired by nature. Our vacation rental homes in Montana's Centennial Valley are just down the road from Red Rock Lakes National Wildlife Refuge (coined “the nation’s most beautiful wildlife refuge” and home to 230+ species of birds), are within easy striking distance to Yellowstone National Park, and surrounded by the best trout fisheries Montana has to offer. There are literally hundreds of thousands of acres on which to explore, hike, mountain bike, horseback ride, and watch wildlife. See our "Local Activities” page for all the guided and self-guided options that are available. Or, just relax in sublime remoteness… far from the hustle and bustle of everyday life!
Click on any of the vacation rental homes to the right for pricing and additional information.
Should you cancel your reservation with 30 days notice, we will retain your 50% deposit to apply as the deposit for your next visit. Should we rebook your cancelled trip, we will happily refund your deposit. No refunds or adjustments will be made to your total price for any changes within 30 days which result in shortening the length of stay or cancelled trips.
- Luxurious beds
- Hot tub
- Laundry facilities in each cabin rental.
- Gas-fired stove and gas grill for outdoor cooking
- Fully stocked kitchens with dish washer, pots and pans, dishes, soap, paper goods and the basics, such as coffee, tea, sugar, olive oil, herbs and spices
- Backpacks, hiking maps (with suggestions of our local favorites) and binoculars
- Board games and cards
- Books and magazines
- DVD player with a selection of DVD's
- Phones in each cabin rental
- High Speed Internet access at ranch headquarters–if you really must connect with the world!
- Weekly housekeeping service for stays of two weeks or longer
- Complimentary end-of-stay cleaning
- Catering services upon advance request
- A corral for your own horses!
- Well behaved dogs welcome with pet deposit